In the midst of grieving over the passing of our loving Papa,I came across a comment that lit up my energy in an instant.
It was from my new friend Jamie over at Being Positive with a Depressive Soul.
The dear heart has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
I have to admit that, after receiving 7 Liebster Awards in one week a couple of weeks ago, I have given up on trying to accept them and do the work of nominating 11 blogs for EACH AWARD I received.
Let’s face it…. I am of course HONORED, but that takes a LOT of time, and I do have to be a Mommy and Wife at some point! J
So needless to say, I was thrilled to learn I had received a brand new award!
List 7 Facts about Yourself
Nominate 15 Other Bloggers
Since Jamie nominated me (and I happen to agree with her), I will follow her lead and only nominated 5 blogs, instead of the 15.
Here are my 7 Random Facts:
1. Becoming a Mommy has made me a stronger and better me, giving me the ultimate empowerment, making me feel like there isn't a thing in this world that I cannot do.
2. I LOVE to upcycle/restyle things… Specifically right now, I make totes, purses, headbands, necklaces and MORE from used shirts, sweaters & skirts. Check out our store!
3. I truly believe that we can each change the world, one person at a time, by simply offering compassion, a listening ear, positive perspectives, or even just a smile any chance we get.
4. I’m obsessed with drinking smoothies! It’s SUCH an easy (and YUMMY!) way to get loads of fruits, veggies & protein in your body. (for protein I use Hemp Seed Hearts… 13 grams of protein in only ONE teaspoon!!!)
5. Instead of stressing about content or how many posts I still need to make in a week, I follow a simple rule… Each post I make on my blog is meaningful and comes from the heart. If I have to force it, I close my laptop and try again later. It’s the best and only way, in my opinion, to keep readers coming back for more, because they need to FEEL your words, not just read them.
6. After fleeing far, far away from the South (born and raised there), the only thing I miss (besides my family) are the incredible thunderstorms that make the hair on your arms stand up, and the heavy rain on a tin roof. Ahh…..
7. I like waiting until no one is here but me and my little man, and then turning on some music and dancing all over the place. J It’s a great workout but… It is also simply good for the soul.
I award the following 5 blogs the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Please show some LOVE to these wonderful bloggers, and be sure to let them know we sent you!!!